By: Amina Al-Kandari & Shaikhah Al-Mubaraki
Location & Background
- The State of Kuwait located on the tip of the Persian/Arabian Gulf
- It shares its boarders with Iraq and Saudi Arabia
- As of 2014, Kuwait has a population of 4.2 million people; 1.3 million are Kuwaitis and 2.9 million are expatriates
- Temperature in Kuwait during summer is above 45 °C (113 °F). The highest recorded temperature was 54.4 °C (129.9 °F), which is the highest temperature recorded in Asia.
- Tourism accounts for 1.5 percent of the GDP. In 2015, the tourism industry generated nearly $500 million in revenues. Most tourists are citizens of GCC countries. – The annual “Hala Febrayer” festival attracts many tourists from neighboring GCC countries, and includes a variety of events including music concerts, parades, and carnivals. The festival is a month-long commemoration of the liberation of Kuwait, and it start from Feb 1- 28th.
- Yachting is popular activity, Kuwait is the largest leisure boat market in the Gulf region.
- The modest tourism in Kuwait partly because of its difficult visa conditions and alcohol ban, as well as its harsh weather in summer.